Experienced Business Lawyer in Waterloo Region
Involvement in the technology sector has provided the opportunity to work with entrepreneurs, startups, early stage companies and investors – assisting them from startup to exit.
HANMER LAW’s objective is to become more than a legal advisor and to become a trusted business advisor for your business in the Waterloo region. This requires a good understanding of the business and strong relationships with the founders, principals and key employees. We work together to assist the business in achieving its objectives.
HANMER LAW’s Business Law Practice Areas
HANMER LAW in Waterloo acts as general outside counsel to clients who may not have reached the point of having in-house counsel.
HANMER LAW Advises as to such matters as:
- Business formation / organizational structures
- Corporate governance
- Registration and licensing
- Protection of intellectual property
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Employment arrangements
- Shareholder agreements
- Financing arrangements
- Confidentiality of information and ownership of proprietary property agreements
- Equity incentive plans / employee stock option plans
- Angel / seed funding and investment
- Corporate reorganizations
- Purchase and sale of assets and shares
- Mergers and acquisitions